ARMA 2016 - Call for Artists
Alexandra Reinhardt Memorial Award, Artist in Residence 2016 at aspex, Portsmouth
Brief for Artists
Application deadline: 10am, Monday 30 November 2015
Cliciwch yma am fanylion yn y Gymraeg
Artists are invited to apply for the 2016 Alexandra Reinhardt Memorial Award (ARMA), Artist in Residence, hosted by aspex in Portsmouth.
The Award funds a 10-week residency and public art commission worth £15,000. ARMA was established in memory of the artist Alexandra Reinhardt and is supported by the Max Reinhardt Charitable Trust (MRCT). The award comprisesa bi-annual artist residency, culminating in an artwork in the public realm.
The residency will take place from May to July 2016, during which the chosen artist or artists will carry out education and participatory work alongside aspex’s youth, family and schools programmes. The residency will result in a semi-permanent commissioned artwork to be displayed for up to two years above the entrance to aspex’s new artist studio, in the main foyer of the building. The commission is to be completed by November 2016, for launch at the start of December 2016. The artist/s will work closely with Vicky Chapter, Participation & Learning Manager and Clive Caswell, Curator at aspex.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an artist or artists to undertake a highly respected and well-supported residency and commission, which will be promoted nationally and internationally.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘ARMA 2016 Artist Application’ by the deadline of 10am, Monday 30 November 2015.
Applications should include:
- A completed Application Form
- A recent CV for each artist applying
- A completed Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form for each artist applying
- And up to 6 digital images or 2 video files of recent work clearly labelled with artist/s name; see the Brief for formats accepted.
Application files to download:
- Brief for Artists (English)
- Application Form
- Brîff i Artistiaid (Cymraeg)
- Ffurflen Gais ar gyfer Artistiaid
- Images and a floorplan of the gallery
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form